Saturday, June 9, 2012

Hill, Yeah


Running?
Yes please!
A 12k?
Oh, my!
7.2 miles?
Hill yeah, I do! 


Sound to Narrows 12k buddies!

June 9th, Sound to Narrows 12k.
A few friends and I decided to race it, as we've never run a 12k before.
This morning I woke up at 6:30 for this baby!

and

IT WAS FLIPPING FANTASTIC!
kickin' that asphalt
serenading each other
jumping through sprinklers
being encouraged by passerbys (being called a stallion?.. what?)

Ah.

T'was glorious.
It was my first race longer than a 5k and I was SO excited,
my favorite part might've been when they hand you water in little paper cups
and you get to feel all BA-runner status as you attempt to
refuel and end up pouring it all over yourself
and throwing it on the ground.
Each time I threw one down,
I had the urge to yell the SNL quote
"So, I threw it on the groundddd!!!!"

But,
besides that it was (mostly) normal!
I finished with a time of 1:15:25
better than I thought I would.
Then we rolled down a hill and ate some oranges.
And after it all,
I ended up with:

sore legs
a free tee-shirt
dos loaves of bread
hand sanatizer
gatorade
lots of raffle tickets
a cool Paul Bunion tattoo on my bicep
numerous free multicare items
and a smile.

:)

I have done it.
Time to cross it off my list and get a better time in the next one.






No comments:

Post a Comment