Saturday, January 14, 2012

Somedays,
I think why must I live here?, in a dreary town that rains all year most of the year and cold.
It's rainy, it's wet and mushy as I step outside.
To make matters worse, I live on an Island.
20 minutes, sometimes 30 depending on who is driving, from EVERYWHERE.
Yes, quite literally, everywhere.



But,
I also get to cross over a bridge everyday,
when I go everywhere.
And  see this view from both sides.

Maybe this is why I live here.

Because of the beautiful sunrises I see each morning
on my way to school.
The forever green color (my favorite to be honest)
The cooling moisture of the Pacific Northwest.
Because of the little white washed lighthouse
the smell of the bay
the little crabs scurrying away
the early, blinding fog somedays
and the rocky beaches.

Yes.
This is why I live here
:)
This is why I love it
too.



P.s. While I was exploring the beach, I stumbled apon this little lovely. Isn't it sweet? A complete stranger leaving a note for their loved one, and I get the chance to see it. Made my day. I hope Kyle loves them back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment